Park Lane - options for consultation 2020

Closed 31 Dec 2020

Opened 25 Nov 2020

Feedback updated 5 Feb 2021

We asked

Forestry England manages Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest - Park Lane is a section of public highway, private road and forest track that transects the forest. Over recent years the displaced parking has become unsustainable and has created incidents of unsafe parking, legitimate road users have had their access blocked, including the emergency services. We consulted residents and neighbours on Park Lane and presented three options to address the current situation for a wider consultation.

You said

There were 386 responses to the survey; 8% were from residents or local businesses on Park Lane, 43% were from residents of Hawkhurst Parish, 26% of Cranbrook & Sissinghurst and 6% of Goudhurst. The remaining 17% were from none of the above. The most popular option was number 3 - to regulate parking, potentially with a locally administrated pass. 61% of respondents chose this option and a further 30% said that they would support this option even though it was not their first choice – a combined total of 91%. Furthermore, 59% said that this option was fair to all user groups. 

We did

Following this survey, with a good representation from each parish as well as different user groups, Forestry England will move ahead with plans to regulate parking.

Forestry England Park Lane parking consultation - full results

Results updated 5 Feb 2021



A consultation survey for neighbours and residents on Park Lane, Bedgebury Forest and local parishes of Hawkhurst, Sissinghurst and Cranbrook and Goudhurst to submit views on proposed options to address displaced parking.


  • Landowner / manager
  • Local community member
  • Government department / agency or unitary authority
  • Non-Governmental Organisation / charity
  • East England


  • Recreation
  • Woodland management